Monday 20 October 2014

Midnight Charity Run (19th oct 2014)



The Only race in Bangkok to take place in the City at Midnight with a choice of 6kms or 12 kms, it was a fun race.
After a nice dinner with a few of my Running friends followed by strong coffee to keep us awake we all headed to race start Point, Amari Watergate Hotel




Changed to Running gear, waiting for race to start, the start time was 12am midnight but we get to run at 12:06 am, yeah the precious 6 minutes wasted as we were standing at the end, waiting for 7000 runners in front of us to start running





I had put all my efforts in this race, running more and walking only when i couldn't run, Slow down on elevations while climbing the flyovers.

Running on the road and traffic being directed to another direction, i felt pity for those stuck in traffic or changed direction because of the race.

By 10 kms, my legs gave out, and i knew Finish point is still far, i bought gels from mini mart on way, hoping to get some energy to finish last few kms.


I finished the 12 kms course in 1 hour 45 minutes, including the break at mini mart, water stops, and slow down over the bridge




Overall it was a good experience, i had put all my efforts in this race but timings 1.45 hours still disappointed me a little, i was expecting to reach earlier, but this also motivated me to improve my running strength, i don't want to huff and puff but run smoothly till end.

will continue the time based training plan i am following right now, and hopefully i will be able to cover the same distance with less huffing puffing and more smooth running


No comments:

Post a Comment