Wednesday 26 August 2015

5k in 30 minutes - My Running Milestone

Trying harder since long i still couldn't achieve the magic number, well I knew its all about endurance and strength to achieve 5k in 30 mins, so yes i am missing in that department
my issue is i try running faster ending up huffing and puffing, I took long time to realize that i am progressing nowhere with it.
Read a few blogs and tips from pro runners, I laid my plan to do easy, Yes its perfectly fine to run at pace of 8min per km, But step 1 is lay your foundation. and currently i am following that and happy to make gradual progress from 45min to 40min to 37mins and even 33mins for 5kms.

My today's Run --

Tuesday being Regular Running day for me, and i planned a fast run today, why not give it a try, After initial warm up, i started my run with pace of 5.33 min per km
a faster pace that my regular, first few kms, went fine with few huffing and puffing, but 4th and 5th km were bit difficult so i had to slow down.

end of run its 5k in 30.40 mins.
I am not in hurry to reach my next running Milestone sub 30mins 5k , but i want to go at my own pace, let me increase my running strength and endurance, and maintain a pace of 6min per km, That day i will say yes i am a Sub 30mins 5K Runner

Tuesdays Pace per km, a Screenshot to compare my progress



No comments:

Post a Comment